Customer Service Specialist
Elmsdale, Nova Scotia
We are a small and mighty team, looking to add a part-time Customer Service Specialist that can help take our retail store and tasting room to another level.
The Customer Service Specialist is a positive, customer-oriented individual who represents Chill Street Craft Beverage Co. in a professional, sincere, and customer-focused manner. A natural passion for craft beverages would be an asset. This individual is responsible for creating a welcoming environment for all Chill Street customers by providing exceptional customer service, sound product knowledge, and an overall positive purchasing experience that reflects Chill Street and its products in an outstanding light.
The position will require the individual to work in an upbeat team environment and report directly to the General Manager.
Scheduled hours will fall within the range of 10am to 9pm, weekdays, weekends, and possible holidays.
Chill Street Craft Beverage Co. prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race, physical appearance, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national or social origin, language, religion, political opinion, physical or intellectual ability, age, marital or family status, health status, place of residence, or socioeconomic situation. All candidates who meet the qualification requirements are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Welcome customers (our guests) into our Retail Store & Taproom
- Educate guests about Chill Street Craft Beverages, helping with product selections
- Based on proper salesmanship, provide appropriate samples to our guests to match their preferences
- Sell packaged products and merchandise to Chill Street customers
- Sell and prepare flights/glasses/pitchers of available products for on-site consumption
- Serve alcohol to seated patrons (currently indoor seating but will expand to outdoor patio for summer/fall season)
- Serve pre-packaged snacks as ordered (menu selection may evolve to include more elaborate food items). Culinary skills not required
- Ring through retail customers and sign them up to enjoy the benefits of our in-house loyalty program
- Monitor and pack online orders, complete shipping requirements as needed
- Maintain all workspaces and customer environments in accordance with Public Health & Safety guidelines and Chill Street policies
- Wash and re-stock glassware
- Answer phone calls and emails
- Assisting in maintaining proper reporting records
Qualifications and Skills
Chill Street is the first of its kind – a cidery inside a grocery store! We are excited to soon begin hosting new and existing walk-in customers and private function reservations at our new sit-in area.
- Open to ages 19+ only
- One or more years of experience in retail/taproom/bar/service industry preferred, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for customer and co-worker interactions
- Results-driven with excellent organization and coordination skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task without direct supervision
- Ability to make decisions on the fly, ensuring a 100% happy customer-centered mindset
- Ability to collect, assess, and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment
- Welcoming personality and conversational skills
- Past sales experience an asset, but not required
- Staff will be required to use iPad and POS system (training provided)
- Required to pour from kegerators, may need to change out new kegs (training provided)
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds
Salary and Benefits
- The Customer Service Specialist salary will start at $15.00 per hour
- Opportunity to earn tips during scheduled shifts
- Position and pay rates will be reviewed after four months